How We Give Back
We are deeply committed to improving the lives of others and take corporate responsibility very seriously. But we don’t stop at our employees and customers; we go beyond our immediate network to create change with other organizations we care deeply about.
We believe that businesses can—and should—have a positive impact on the communities they serve. To that end, OPI strives to strike a balance between profitability and social conscience. We target three areas: community, wellness and environment.
These are the community causes we support:
These are the wellness causes we support:
OPI wants to be in business for a good long time, and a healthy planet is necessary for a healthy business. We want to act responsibly, live within our means and leave behind not only a habitable planet, but an Earth whose beauty and biodiversity is protected for those who come after us. We support:
In addition to supporting the above organizations focused on preserving our environment, we have strived to lessen our environmental impact at our corporate headquarters facility. When we outgrew our prior location, we moved to an older building and improved the complete property using these sustainable and energy-efficient practices:
- We updated the building's insulation to a higher "R" rating, increasing its energy-saving efficiency by 22%. The rolled insulation is certified 25% recycled glass and formaldehyde-free, unlike conventional insulation which uses formaldehyde as a bonding agent.
- We redesigned the landscaping to use native, drought-tolerant plants that require less irrigation.
- We installed new, laminated double-pane windows which are 72% more efficient.
- The new HVAC system has the highest energy rating possible.
- We are investigating a solar panel installation due to the orientation of our building's rooftop area, which would enable us to draw on a renewable energy source for electricity.
- We installed motion-detection lighting to reduce electricity consumption in unoccupied areas.